Sunday, July 09, 2006
Thanks!
I wanted to be sure to thank my wife again for coming with me to church even though she had not slept well last night so she could help me with the presentation during the singsong and also during the service. I would not have been able to do those things had she not been there. So a great big thank you for coming even though she did not feel like it at all.

I used my new MacBook to do the presentations at church today. It was the first time I had not used my office laptop. It went very well, and being able to see on my laptop screen the coming slide is a nice bonus. To do the presentation I used the Keynote software from Apple. While I did not make use of the fancy transition features of Keynote for the service presentation, I did use some of them for the singsong. They looked really good when I put them in, and at least my wife said they looked really good on the overhead screen.

Today was the last Sunday for me to do the singsong for the foreseeable future. I did receive some nice compliments (relayed to me) about people enjoying the songs I have chosen. I am very glad that I was able to touch people with songs.

We had a guest organist as our music director had a previous engagement and took one of his Sunday vacations. He did a decent job of playing the hymns and we appreciated him covering for Brooke.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: