Saturday, August 06, 2005
Getting ready
Today was a day to get a lot of things done. First I had to pick a new hymn for the singsong; this turned out to be not so bad and I ended up selecting "I, the Lord of Sea and Sky", also known as "Here I Am, Lord". It is a hymn well known by the congregation and one I think they will enjoy singing. So the hymn order now is:

"I, the Lord of Sea and Sky" VU 509
"Dare to be a Daniel" Philip P. Bliss
"We Are One" VU 402 vs.1,2

A good portion of the rest of the day has been spent getting the slides for the PowerPoint presentations ready for tomorrow's church service. Fortunately for me, there was not as much stuff to put in the presentation so I could afford to have started a little later than usual. Of course, finding out yesterday that I had to change a hymn put me behind the 8-ball as I could not start typing the hymns until I knew which hymns and in what order they were going to be.

My thought of reading chapters 6 and 7 of "Power Surge" did not go as well as I have only read another page (if that) in the last week. The one time I tried the noise level in the room was such that I was not able to concentrate on what I was reading so I ended up giving up. And no, I did not make the effort to move. Fortunately for me, there are still almost 5 weeks before the next meeting.

I have not forgotten again to read the daily Devotional out of my Bible. Of course, I have all day to think about it and the Bible is right next to me all day so it is easy to just turn around and read. We will have to see how well I do once I go back to work next Monday.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:47 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: