Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Embarrassment of riches
Yesterday I mentioned that I should be able to find healing hymns in the hymn books I have. I had hoped I would find a few - well in the 3 hymn books I have there are almost 100 hymns to choose from including one that speaks of the very Bible passage for this week: "An outcast among outcasts" from the United Methodist hymnal "The Faith We Sing" (TFWS). Unfortunately, I do not know the tune "LLANGLOFFAN" which you can listen to at ChristianTeens.net in their MIDI section. On the plus side, the meter of the song is 7676D which has many different tunes to choose from. So I will have to think about using this song. Another song which was suggested is Keith Green's "O Lord, You're beautiful" (also in TFWS) which I really like and have used before. I just have to keep in mind that this healing theme runs through all of August and I should not use all the best hymns in the first week. And I still have not looked at all the hymns about healing.

One of the things I would like to do while I am on vacation this week is finish reading the two chapters of "Power Surge" we have to read for the next Discernment committee meeting. I would like to be done early so I can reread those chapters when we get closer to the meeting and not feel rushed.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:05 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: