Monday, August 01, 2005
The only constant is change
I just found out that the August 21st Bible reading has been changed. I thought about just changing yesterday's entry but then I figured that there's nothing wrong with having an extra Bible passage to ponder. So the new information is as follows:

August 21: Psalm 81 (talks about community and building community)

I have started working on finding songs for next Sunday's singsong. As I mentioned before, I will be doing "Dare to be a Daniel", which was requested by a member of the church for me to do during the singsong. And since this may be a song that is new to the congregation (I certainly did not know it) this pretty much means that the other two songs I pick will have to be known songs as I do not want to use more than one new song per week in the singsong.

Finding songs is turning out to be a little more difficult than I thought: Luke 17:12-19 is not really used in the Lectionary so there are no suggestions for hymns on the 2 sites I usually use for inspiration. I did find out that the Luke passage is used by the United Methodist church for their US Thanksgiving service. Not that it helps me but I thought it was an interesting tidbit of information. I will next expand my search to songs about healing. Although I have yet to check, I am fairly certain that the hymn books will contain a section on Healing in their indices. More on this subject in the next few days.

God Bless you all!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:18 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: