Tuesday, August 09, 2005
More reading done
As I mentioned yesterday, the bus trip to the office is a perfect time for me to read. I was able to finish chapter 7 of "Power Surge" this morning, which completed the reading assignment for the next Discernment committee meeting on September 12. I started rereading chapter 6 as I plan to keep reading those two chapters until the meeting. That way I should have a real good grasp of the material by meeting time.

I will mention again that I remembered to read the Devotional this morning before coming downstairs. Not news but I figure that if I keep mentioning it I will be less likely to forget....

The Bible readings for this week are from the Lectionary as I had surmised: Genesis 45:1-15 and Matthew 15:21-28. I have started looking at songs for the singsong and a song I mentioned for last week "An Outcast among Outcast" is a suggested hymn. It had fit perfectly with the 10 lepers parable, but it does fit somewhat with the Canaanite woman parable in Matthew this week. So I might use it although I am not as gung ho about it as I was originally for the lepers parable. Oh well, we will see.

By the way, since I mention Bible passages regularly in my entries, I though it would be nice for people to be able to look up those passages without leaving my web page. To that end I had added a look up box on the bottom right of the page that will allow you to look up a Bible reading in your favourite Bible version.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:04 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: