Thursday, December 08, 2005
Perplexed
Sometimes I just do not understand people. Here we are going over the Sunday service at choir practice and we come to "Tomorrow Christ is Coming" VU27. The choir director asks if it is familiar and we say "No". So she says "Well, I will just play it the whole way through". Then she mentions that we have done it before - probably once in the last 5 years. To which I said "Well, it could not have made a big impression if I do not remember it". Anyway, we are singing the tune in the book. The choir director will play it through before the congregation sings. I can already tell you that, by the time the congregation gets comfortable with the tune (if they do), the hymn will be over and they will have missed the words. I probably should have objected more, but hey, she's the choir director and I am just the baritone in the back row. Oh well, maybe I will sing the hymn in the singsong so people at least have half a chance.

Which brings us to the songs for the singsong, or should I say the lack of same. I have not had a chance to really think about it yet, so I do not really know what I will be doing.

I was able to find some better images to put up on the overhead for the 3 skits I was talking about yesterday. I thought about putting the new pictures up, but you will just have to come to the service next Sunday (December 11 - singsong at 10:45, service at 11:00) to find out what they are - and more importantly to listen to the message.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: