Saturday, December 10, 2005
Singsong for third Sunday in Advent
It took me a while to get my act together, but I finally found some songs that I wanted to sing. Here they are, in the order they will be sung:

"Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus" Charles Wesley (VU2)
"Tomorrow Christ Is Coming" Fred Kaan (VU27)
"Let Him In" Steven V. Taylor & Gary Sadler

I must say that the vindictive part of me did not want to sing "Tomorrow Christ Is Coming" as it is the one I was ranting about in the previous entry. But the important thing is not whether or not we should be singing a more familiar tune instead of the original one, but rather that the congregation concentrates on the message the words convey. Since it is not a "guitar song", I will just sing it a cappella to familiarize the congregation with the tune.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:07 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: