Monday, March 20, 2006
Love - Forgiveness - Faith
Tonight was Discernment meeting night. We continued working on the Vision and Mission statements for the church. We were separated in two groups, and asked to come up with Vision and Mission statements of our own. I think we are very close to having the Vision statement for the church, and the Mission statement is also close, both groups said the same thing but in different words. Let me try and illustrate how close we are on the Vision statement.

Esquimalt United church is a community of Christian disciples
Unconditionally loved by God,
Forgiven by Grace,
Following Jesus Christ on a faith journey to [eternal life | the end of the ages.]

where bold is where both groups had the same wording,
italics are the words from one group,
regular font are the words from the other group,
and the statement in the [ | ] means one group used the words before the vertical bar and the other group used the words after.

Pretty close, don't you think?

(Disclaimer: This is my recollection of the statements. I hope I was faithful in my recounting - all differences between this and the statements that will be put on the collaboration site in the next couple of days are errors in my part).

God Bless You!

Update: Fixed the broken link to the collaboration site
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:34 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: