Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Shift in focus
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." -- John 8:11b [NIV]

If you had asked me at anytime up until about 6 months ago about what I thought were the important words in the John 8:2-11 passage, I would have said: "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." -- John 8:7b [NIV] But now I see that it is not the case. What I think is the important lesson to gather from this passage can be summed up in one word: forgiveness. What a mind blowing concept that our sins have been forgiven.

That passage is one of two who are the theme Bible passages for next Sunday. And the question for this week is: "What would it take to get a fresh start: Forgiven, healed and whole once more?" I can see songs about forgiveness coming for the pre-service singing. I am unfortunately writing this too late in the evening to go looking for those songs right now, but that is what I will be doing tomorrow (after the Love Your City meeting).

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:36 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: