Sunday, December 18, 2005
A very nice service
We went to church earlier than usual as Sunday was the "Breakfast in Bethlehem" event where the characters in the birth of Jesus came to life and mingled with the people. It was fun to be able to chat with them - of course as my daughters were Mary and the Innkeeper I got to hang around with them quite a bit. All of the characters did a very good job giving a glimpse into what it would have been like in Bethlehem when Jesus was born.

I heard good things about the songs I had chosen for the singsong - which is great because I certainly really enjoyed singing them. I think that, like my younger daughter, I find it much easier to worship in song and those songs really spoke to me.

The service itself was also great - and the story re-enactment really got the message across I believe. A few petty technical things took a little away from the service - I had trouble going to the next slide with the remote from where I was sitting - but I don't think that it took much away from the message.

I had hoped that since a period of settling down had been arranged before the choir sang that we would stay in our seats, but that was not to be. As far as I am concerned, the sole reason for moving had been addressed so there was no reason to move. I am not going to rehash the whole incident, suffice it to say that I think it was not one of our prouder moments - we came of as a bunch of whiny, primadonna children. Just my opinion of course.

Well I better close as I have to get up early tomorrow.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:16 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: