Thursday, May 25, 2006
Love Your City
"Now I've never felt the presence,
But I know You're always near,
And I've never heard the calling,
But somehow You've led me right here"
-- Chris Rice, Smell the Color 9

It feels to me like I have not posted in ages. As I mentioned in my other blog, I have not felt like doing much of anything this week. I guess it is a good thing that there is no pre-service singing this week so I do not have to feel guilty about not having done anything about selecting songs. I do feel guilty however about not having sent any song selections for the Friday night rally for Love Your City (LYC). Now that I think about it, I should go do that right now. Be right back.

(20 minutes later) Okay, I do not have to feel so guilty now, even though I used the same songs I suggested last year since I still think they are suitable. You can see them here. It was either that or not sending any - I opted to resend the same ones.

I have received and paid for the LYC shirts as well as the kindness cards. I was going to hand out some of the shirts tonight at choir practice, but it was cancelled. Apparently Brooke had a bad day at the school where he is a teacher; hopefully nothing serious. It did give me an unexpected night at home for which I am grateful.

I need to go and buy some "plasticboard" to make the signs we will be using to make the people aware of what is going on for the LYC events. I guess I am doing this Saturday morning sometime before 10am since that is when the sign making is taking place. I am thinking 4 2'x3' boards with the LYC heart on the upper left corner and the words "Free Bottled Water" should be enough. Wow, I actually have a plan before the event. I should really write this down (wait, I just did).

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:43 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: