Monday, May 22, 2006
Sorting my music
Over the last couple of days, I have been gathering up all the printed worship music I have around the house to put in a central location: a new binder. I did not spend a lot of time going over the music I was putting in the binder, but long enough to see that there is a lot of great music I have not used in a while. I should really spend some time playing all of those songs just for the joy of it.

One of the reasons why I have been cleaning up my printed music is that most of it used to be on the piano bench; that used to make it pretty much impossible to sit down and play the piano. After hearing Brooke play, I am feeling the urge to start playing the piano once again. Interestingly, the last time I really felt the urge to play was when one of our previous Music Directors, the late Don Buchan, used to make the piano really sing. I remember asking Don once if he knew how many people were moved to play the piano after hearing him play. I don't recall his answer, probably because he did not answer.

Our minister lent me a music book she bought last week for me to look at. The book came with a CD, but not the kind you would think. The CD does not contain music, but rather a PDF file with the lyrics and also a PowerPoint file with pre-made slides of all the lyrics. The CD is city on a hill's "songs of worship and praise". The only song I know off hand is "God of Wonders" so I will have to track down recordings of the other songs to hear what they sound like.

God Bless You!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: